Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Benghazi

These shootings cannot be prevented because we do not understand what security requires. Much like the locks on the doors of our houses our security only stops people willing to be stopped and annoys those who feel compelled to go along with it.

Security requires electric fences topped razor wire surrounding the entire facility and multiple armed guards inside and outside as well as on the roof of all buildings positioned far enough apart so they cannot be neutralized as a group with weapons ready as well as attack dogs free within the fence. Security requires the protected live in a prison. No matter we are not ready to do that. We live in a free society and citizens have the right to own and carry weapons.

In the 70s our company had NCR computers. On occasion I would go to the NCR manufacturing location. I was given a security card similar to a hotel room card that I scanned to go through a door. The card controlled which door I could pass through, which direction I was allowed to go, in or out and how many people, if any, could go with me and if I could take anything electronic or metal with me. That was security.

Imagine if the location of this recent shooting was located in a combat zone? Mass shooting on a military reservation shows these people need to be on a ship in the middle of an ocean somewhere. They might be safe there except from each other. On the other hand this may put some light on Benghazi.


No comments: