Saturday, April 26, 2008

Simple but Pessimistic Way to View Politicians

I have a simple but pessimistic philosophy but it makes situations like this one understandable and tolerable. My premise is: Politicians are unethical, dishonest, and immoral. They take care of themselves first, those who give them money second, and last and least, if it is convenient, those who vote for them. I look only at what a politician does. Many politicians say things I disagree with while at the same time they do very little I disagree with. On the other hand many politicians say things I agree with while doing things I disagree with.

As Obama's preacher says, "Obama is a politician and he says what politicians have to say."

Question: How do you know a politician is lying? Answer: His or her mouth is moving.
Oh yes, one other point to my philosophy. When a politician accuses another politician of doing something dishonest, immoral or unethical, the accuser does the same thing and may be worse.

Look only at what a politician does.

No comments: