Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wild Animals in Captivity

We humans have an odd habit of taking wild, untamed animals into captivity. Animals meant to wander tens if not hundreds of miles in a day are confined to are where minimal exercise is available. We poke and prod them and when the animal does not respond we think "good animal." We think animals are like children and as we know a "good child" is seen and not heard.  
 
This elephant probably did nothing different than they would have done to another elephant they liked or disliked. The problem is the elephant does not know its own strength.  
 
I do not consider I am less of a person because I have never seen millions of bison roaming the prairie. I would not be less of a person if I never saw an elephant in captivity. I never saw a dinasaur and it does not bother me. Leave the wild animals in their natural habitat,

No comments: