Sunday, March 08, 2015

David and Jonathan

Many years ago someone told me how they decided whether to use “I” or “me” in a sentence i.e. “”Don and “?” went fishing.” The suggestion was to remove the “Don” and see which sounded right: i.e. “I” went fishing? Or “Me” went fishing.” I have often used the principal of that suggestion.

In the story of David and Jonathan if you exchanged Miriam for Jonathan would you argue the relationship was as platonic as you believe the relationship between David and Jonathan was? I have never heard a heterosexual man say he loved a male friend more than his wife and I know what I will wonder if I ever do. 

There may be many reasons to believe the relationship was platonic but I doubt those verses would convince folks who thought otherwise.


John Jenkins
865-803-8179  cell
Gatlinburg, TN




Email: jrjenki@gmail.com
Blogs: http://littlepigeon.blogspot.com/
         http://alumcave.blogspot.com/



 

“Everything happens for a reason and that reason is usually physics."

No comments: