Monday, November 14, 2011

Responding to your message


Dear Mr. Jenkins,

 

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office with your concerns and suggestions surrounding the death of Osama bin Laden. Your input is important to me and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. 

 

I want to first commend the courageous efforts of the Navy SEAL team who carried out the military operations that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.  This group of patriots is owed a great debt of gratitude by our country. I can assure you these individuals have been and will continue to be honored in private so as to protect them from those who would seek retribution for their part in Osama bin Laden's death.

 

Osama bin Laden's death finally puts an end to an unspeakable reign of terror carried out by the man responsible for ordering the September 11, 2001 attacks and the deaths of thousands of Americans and innocent civilians around the world. I am tremendously proud of our military and intelligence services who successfully executed a dangerous operation that resulted in a major victory for the fight against terrorism. While the threats against the U.S. remain, bin Laden's death sends a powerful message to the world that we will not rest until justice is done.

 

With regard to your suggestions concerning the death of Osama bin Laden, as I am sure you are aware, the Administration and Congress are continually discussing the implications and potential next steps in terms of U.S. policy.  The insight you have provided in your letter will certainly help my staff and me more effectively consider these issues as we engage with officials from the Administration and I thank you for your input. 

 


Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me throughout the course of my term. 

 



Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator


No comments: